Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Broken computer means bread!

To cope with the frustration of my stupid work computer being entirely unable to connect to the network, I took out my frustrations on bread and meatballs.
Turkey meatballs were: https://www.inspiredtaste.net/20529/turkey-meatballs-recipe-with-light-tomato-sauce/
The store was out of parsley so we left that out and we forgot about the basil.  I endorse including them.  the meatballs were a bit bland.   This was however a great recipe to include the children.  Alex made the meatballs and Elizabeth made the sauce.

I also made focaccia bread using this recipe: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/focaccia-bread  I sauteed some leeks and cherry tomatoes that were far past their prime (think almost dried) and put them on half.  I did this before I poked my fingers through the dough.

it says it's supposed to be a thick batter.  Mine was more of a sticky dough in the mixer.



Overhead shot


It was supposed to have an 8-24 hour time out in the fridge.  Mine was only in there for about 4 hours and it was TASTY!

Before baking: 

Final product:


As dinner:


My notes:
Before you bake it, lift up the dough and put more olive oil under - mine stuck to the pan even though I had what I thought was a ridiculous amount of oil.
If you are going to top only half, use two pans - the topped side could have used just a few more minutes of baking time.
It also was on the short end of the baking time to get that lovely color.

No comments:

Post a Comment